Alternatively known as Carob Gum and is extracted from the Carob tree by grinding the endosperm of its seeds. Its uses are as a thickener or stabilizer and it possesses water-binding properties. It disperses in cold or hot water and dissolves at >85.0°C depending on the medium and the process. It can be used in aqueous dairy or fruit media with various total solids. Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated.
- Increase the viscosity and thickness of liquids. Use to create fluid heat-stable gels
- Add to frozen products to prevent ice crystals from forming and to improve the texture
- A small amount added to a recipe can prevent the leeching of liquids
- Creates an extremely stretchy gel when blended with Xanthan Gum
- Suitable for Vegans Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated
How to use: Dosage Rates: 3 – 11 grams per kg. Add Locust Bean Gum gradually to your liquid/solution whilst stirring vigorously. Locust Bean is soluble cold but dissolves easier in hot liquids and will provide the highest viscosity when heated above 60°C.
Storage Conditions: Store in dry, cool conditions and not in direct sunlight. Use within 6 months of opening.
Ingredients: Locust (Carob) Bean Gum E410.
Dietary Information: Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated, Halal friendly, Kosher friendly.
Nutritional Information: Based on typical content/100g: Energy: 767kJ/191kCal, Fat: 0.96g, Of which saturates: 0.2g, Carbohydrate: <3g, Of which sugars: 1.85g, Protein: 4.07g, Salt: 0.03g, Fibre: 82.8g.
Labelling according to UK & EU regulations.